Senior Director – Global Compliance
We're currently, looking out for a Compliance Head for one of our clients
Notice Period : Immediate/ 15 days
As a Leader of Client compliances, the person is expected to Manage Client compliance
deliverables From the shared service in India for – Statutory Accounting & returns, Tax
Computation & returns ( Both Direct tax & Indirect tax), Corporate Governances ( including
Company secretary deliverables), Compensation & Benefits – All for multiple geographies
and countries all around the world
1. Provide strategic leadership to the Global Compliance teams to ensure clients receive
the best guidance on in-country Compliances and services to support their Compliance
requirements. Ensure these services are provided within agreed terms and concurrent
to Shared Service processes. Set and manage key performance indicators to achieve
critical deadline delivery targets and ensure consistent & high quality of service to clients
2. Liaise with the key stakeholders in Vistra to gain a clear understanding of Client
requirements and the terms for services to be provided by the Global Compliance team.
3. Ensuring that all compliance deliverables are completed & filed with relevent Fiscal
Authorities on time
4. Ensuring Vistra developed system used to log, monitor and clear all client compliance
deliverables is fully utilised and kept fully up to date by the Compliance Team
5. Building and maintaining strong relationships with local affiliates/Local service providers
(both Internal (various Vistra Offices) and external service providers)
6. Building a solid understanding of all international accounting requirements and practices
7. Liaising directly with clients, both internal and external, regarding and corporate
8. Ensure systems are in place such that Client services are progressed as agreed and that
problems/issues are highlighted proactively and managed to a positive outcome.
9. Ensure the Global Compliance Team is committed and motivated to servicing client
needs and that workload is effectively distributed throughout the team.
10. Work with the Heads of each section to develop services and processes such that
Shared Services provide the most competitive and cost effective product. Manage adhoc projects effectively with best use of resources and time.
11. Keep abreast of developments in international compliance regional issues that will
impact the Client base.
12. Encourage continuous improvement of the Shared Service operations offering by
establishing systems that allow team members share their experiences, lessons learnt,
systems and processes.
13. Provide leadership, Hiring right resource, resource development, and mentoring and
performance management of all team members, ensuring they have the skills,
motivation and ability to meet the challenges of their role.
14. Drive Productivity and efficiency through process improvement initiatives
Relevant Experience & Skills
At least 10 to 15 years of experience in Client compliance deliverables (Statutory
Accounting & returns, Tax Computation & returns ( Both Direct tax & Indirect tax),
Corporate Governances ( including Company secretary deliverables),
Compensation & Benefits ) across different geographies, of which 5 + years of
experience in Leading/Managing a large team (more than 50 people in delivering
Client compliances for more than 20 countries (Across Asia/Europe and
Experience of managing the completion of statutory books and filing of returns
for International Clients ( Including India)
Experience in managing the completion of tax computation and filing of tax
returns for International Clients ( Including India)
Experience in Company Secretary deliverables/Corporate governance
deliverables for International Clients
Familiar with start-up situations /Closure of companies across USA, EMEA or APAC.
Experience in supporting - Setting up and Managing compliance deliverables
through automated systems
Experience in Hiring right resource, developing resources to achieve and exceed
client deliverables, conducting performance development process ( including
defining goals and evaluating performance to goals)
Strong experience in collaborating with different international offices and external
clients for successful client deliverables.
Chartered Accountant must , Company Secretary / Lawyer / MBA optional
Proficient in MS office applications
Working experience in Delivery management software with Milestones and